Friday, September 11, 2009

Never forget…

Eight years ago today I was getting my son up for the day, had turned on the tv for cartoons…and saw first one, and then two towers in flames.  All I could think was ‘how will I ever be able to explain to him what happened?’  Over the years he has come to know about it, but I don’t think any of us will ever understand. 

Today is a good time to take a few minutes to reflect on being grateful for what we have, who we are able to share it with, remember those that were lost…and those that not only sacrificed their lives that day, but those that do it every day.  We are soooo lucky to be free…let’s never forget.

Take time today to hug your family, friends, anyone you are close to…and always remember what it feels like to be free.

Scout Day Camp 2009 053 

mandi

No comments: